Old January 8th 14, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lars

Default ARC RT-359A connections

Thanks for the tip, but no luck there. More luck in my closet, where I found a disused King KX175B, sporting no less than two similar connections. Seems this is (was?) the standard HF connector for bracket-mounted avionics. Better still, I still had the old bracket, containing two patch-cables with the mysterious connector in the bracket end and female BNC in the other. So what I am going to do now is to get a standard BNC cable with finished male connectors and use one of the patch-cables as a go-between.

I still would like to broaden my knowledge, so anyone with info on the correct designation of the connector is welcome to a hop in the Jodel, if you can make a trip to ESSL (Linkoping Sweden).

Thanks!
/Lars

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:04:33 AM UTC+1, Lars wrote:
Hi guys!

We have an old ARC RT-359A transponder in our Jodel D119. It has been acting up lately and I am thinking about replacing the antenna cable. Question is, what is the connector on the transponder side? The antenna is a regular BNC and the cable is RG58/U so that is pretty standard, but I am too ignorant to identify the connector at the other side. The transponder sits in a tray with a slide-in connector that looks like maybe a C-type male connector without the outer bayonet ring.

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!

/Lars