View Single Post
Old December 30th 20, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 10:20:27 AM UTC-8, wrote:
The sport of soaring is, of course, a relatively small community and what might impact our suppliers and dealers can affect us all. Curious as to how the US and non-US suppliers have fared so far during the pandemic. In any case, may 2021 bring them a better New Year!

The elephant in the room is when will restrictions be lifted. Right now it would be impossible to hold a glider meet or contest, and the lifting of restrictions will be driven more by politics than by science. Hell, the scientists like Fauci are lying to us. I don't expect widespread availability of the vaccine to occur before late spring or summer. And there will be lengthy delay between widespread vaccination and a drop in hospitalization numbers, which seems to be driving most political decisions. This makes planning an event, and I am in that position, difficult to impossible. I think 2021 will be another write-off year, personally (hopefully I am wrong and the vaccines get distributed faster than they have been). Thank God I fly a motorglider and am not dependent on tows.

Tom