Old December 21st 05, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default GPS UPSAT/Garmin/Jeppesen subscribers

I just spoke to a very nice lady at Jeppesen and she promised to call
me back as soon as their computers were up and running again. The
implication was that she would exchange my card for a 4 MB one. I did
ask her (nicely) why, given what we pay for the subscription, and given
that they have our shipping, billing, and e:mail addresses, why
Jeppesen couldn't be bothered to at least send out an e:mail to let us
know about the problem - rather than find out at the last minute (the
new database is effective today). Especially would this have been nice
since otherwise most of us are going to be traveling this Christmas
with an expired database in our IFR GPS.

Her answer was that this was a very good question.

jmk