Old March 28th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark Hansen

Default Hershey bar wing vs composite wing - how much drag?

On 03/28/07 14:19, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Mar 28, 12:30 pm, Blanche wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

A fast Cherokee is also known as a Mooney C model.

Hm...I always thought "fast cherokee" was an oxymoron...

And yes, I own a cherokee 180. Would I like faster? Sure! Wouldn't
everyone?

I think part of my point is that the price of the 180 and the M20C are
pretty close. I'm not sure why people choose the 180 when its a good
30 knots slower on the same fuel burn.

-Robert

I agree with you but I'd bet insurance and the cost of up keep added because
of the retrac gear has a lot to do with it.

Not to mention I could fit in a 180, but not a Mooney (although that is
changing...)