Old June 23rd 11, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring[_2_]

Default Clearing out Moisture from Instrumentation Lines

On 22 juin, 16:45, Richard wrote:
On Jun 22, 10:06*am, KevinFinke wrote:

Working on my glider last night, and noticed that my static lines seem
to be more hazy than the others. It looks like there is a very fine
film of moisture on the tubing. *I'm going to be putting in moisture/
filter traps on the lines, but before I do that, is there a
recommended way of drying them out a bit first?

Was thinking of blowing some low pressure air through them for a few
minutes first. Obviously, they'll be disconnected from the
instruments. Has anyone else dealt with this? And what did you do?

Thanks!

Kevin,

Use a tire pump that can be connected to auto 12v cigarette lighter
socket.

Disconnect instruments, and the airspeed if in the rear of the glider
and TE Probes, *connect to the pump *leave connected for about 1/2 *to
1 hours. *the air will be low pressure and eventually warms up *and
will evaporate the moisture.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

Hi
Use a hair dryer set on warm not hot.