Old May 2nd 16, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default AOA indicator

Rereading some of the earlier posts, you brought up the same point I am trying to makeOn Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 9:56:34 AM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
Too many skilled pilots continue to spin in which makes me wonder if their ships don't give any hint of approaching stall or what else is going on.

"I think a lot of pilots, both low-time and skilled, spend way too little time exploring the corners of the envelope of their gliders - both high and low speed, negative to positive Gs, shallow to steep banks.

Get high and practice trying to kill yourself in the pattern, to the point that you recognize instinctively a dangerous condition and apply the right corrective actions. This is a basic flying skill, NOT an intellectual exercise! "

Kirk
66