Old July 4th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Ladies & Gentlemen: Happy Fourth!

At one time, back about 1911, the UK and its colonies were
reasonably free places. Today, possession of a pocket
knife, a firearm or even a door lock that you won't open for
police inspection will land you in the slammer.

There is only one USA and one U.S. Constitution and Bill of
Rights.

"Quilljar" wrote in message
| Jay Honeck wrote:
|
| Seriously, where else can a man hop in his own airplane,
load it up
| with car gas, and take his family for a 9 day flight
around the Great
| Lakes, without ever once being required to fill out
paperwork or bribe
| some petty government official? Where else can one
land at literally
| thousands of airfields, borrow a car, and head off to
see the sights,
| knowing full-well that the aircraft will still be there
when we
| return?
|
| Certainly have a happy Independence Day but you ask where
else can you do
| these things? I can vouch personally that the UK, and New
Zealand offer the
| same freedoms, and I am quite sure several more countries
too!