Old June 2nd 04, 07:46 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Darkwing Duck (The Duck, The Myth, The Legend)"
wrote in message ...

"Aardvark" wrote in message
Roger Halstead wrote:

Any one have any information on the IV-P that went down around 2:00 PM
about 30 miles west of Lansing MI on Monday?

There was a story in the paper, but it was a bit short on details.
It was registered to Ward Synthesis Inc. The flight was to be from
Ypsilanti MI to Billings Mont.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Has photo here
http://fox17.trb.com/news/053104-wxm...,2121139.story

http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...8_20040601.htm
The Eaton County sheriff's department identified the victims as Allen
Ward, 52, of Ypsilanti, the pilot; and passengers Jeffrey Chen, 23, of
Milford and Roger Hertz, 36, of Burlington, Ontario

Lots of links
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T56123478

Fuel exhaustion? Seems plausible.

Nah, there would have been a mayday call or something if they had just ran
out of gas.

The one article has a witness statement that I think could be telling:
"The plane appeared to be flying normally, flat, and then went up like it
was trying to go higher, went into a spiral and crashed into the ground."

Sounds to me like the pilot or passenger could have accidentally hit the
control stick, pitched the plane up suddenly and set her into a spin.
(assuming the witness is reliable).