Old May 19th 04, 04:13 AM
Tom Seim

(Lennie the Lurker) wrote in message . com...
(Tom Seim) wrote in message . com...

Let's be serious for a moment. In regards to soaring, which is what
this news group is about, you are a quitter.

Hmmmm, bankruptcy or quitter. Ok. Common sense prevailed.

I, on the other hand, am
a triple diamond holder.

BFHAD. Probably spent more getting them than I earned in ten years.

Were you unemployed during those 10 years? Because you would have to
have been for this absurdity to be true. As usual, you know NOTHING of
what you speak.

YOu were the one that in your magnificent egotism thought you could
insinuate that Lennie was unsafe.

Who is the REAL Lennie? Who is this coward who doesn't want to use his
real name?

Lennie made most of the common
beginners mistakes, and recognized them in time that I'm still among
the living. My biggest mistake was thinking that maybe it wasn't a
rich man's game, it is, and will always be.

Wrong again, quitter. My son managed it while in the military, hardly
an Ivy League organization.

The second biggest was
thinking maybe it was something I could do without a bunch of people
telling me "you should try_________" when they were things I really
didn't want to try. I don't care how different a Lark or blanik or
russia or anything else flew from the 1-26, and planting the seeds of
discontent would have been extremely stupid. IT did not happen.

HOwever, the only times I really did badly were times that I knew I
should not fly, but allowed myself to be talked into it, with totally
predictable results. Or, the only time that I consider that I was
really unsafe, was when I trusted the judgement of "more experienced
people" over my own. I flew badly, and knew I flew badly. What I
should have done was pulled the release at 1K and gone back
immediately to the ground. Nerves that are already on edge don't need
to be behind a tug. Like my other mistakes, it did not happen twice.

Can you spell QUITTER?