Old October 24th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison[_1_]

Default Correction: Dual GS was $190, not $95

I stand corrected. Our little adventure at the avionics shop where we
found our second GS simply disconnected due to recessed connector pins
cost us $190 to fix, not $95. So, while I was off by a factor of 2 on
the price, still, less than .2 AMUs doesn't seem all that bad.

A partner and I flight checked the plane last night with a combined 5
ILS approaches. Second GS worked like a charm. I definitely prefer
using the #1 nav head when flying an ILS though. It's a Garmin, has a
bigger donut, GS needle isn't hinged on one side, plus it just feels
more normal to look at the #1 nav when flying an ILS. When #1 is driven
by the GPS, even with the GS flag up, it seems way too get confused and
think you're on GS. That's where the handy dandy round suction cup
style soap holders...er, I mean, instrument covers come in handy. I'll
have to throw that into the mix when doing partial panel practice.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado