Old May 5th 15, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Cockpit Size and Comfort

Then I guess I don't really know what a "****ty trailer" is.

The homebuilt trailer that my ASW-19 came in was awful until I made a
few minor modifications to make setting up the trailer for rigging
quickly. That mainly amounted to a bolted-on support on the top of the
tail gate which placed the gate at the proper height for rigging; when
extended, the main wheel was only about 1/2 inch off the ground. I also
added tracks on the tail gate to guide the cradle, and stops so that the
glider could be put back on the cradle for derigging.

Those few mods allowed me to get rid of a rickety jack and a couple of
pieces of wood that were previously used to prop up the tail gate. I
probably spent less than $20 on those mods and could then rig about as
quickly as the Cobra guys. Of course, I couldn't leave a wing on the
dolly while walking it around but then I always had a helper in rigging.

I was younger then, too...

On 5/5/2015 11:57 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 10:54:48 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
snip
Gotta call BS on the trailer thing. If it's flying you want, who
cares about the trailer? It might add 10-15 minutes to rig and
derig times but that's a miniscule part of the soaring day.

snip
Dan Marotta

If you think a ****ty trailer only adds 10-15 minutes, then you never used a real "****ty" one !

Todd Smith