Old September 7th 04, 12:51 AM
ramrod48

"Bob Coe" wrote in message news:PU%_c.18835$ni.5116@okepread01...
"ramrod48" wrote
The Blue Angels are in St. Louis this weekend. Having seen several
shows in past years, I'm surprised that they've flown only the "low
show" here this year. Initially, I thought that perhaps the ceilings
were marginal, but yesterday's weather was perfect. The only reasons
I can think of: (a) since the Thunderbird crash last year, DoD has
tightened the rules (b) since they had to replace a pilot earlier this
year after winter practice, they decided to shelve the more risky
"high show" until next year.

Any other facts or opinions?

Probably a flight restriction due to dense air traffic.

Actually, STL commercial flight traffic is down significantly --
American Airlines whacked 50% of their flights on November 1, 2003 and
downgraded many other flights to commuter jets.