Old January 25th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Registration question

Best way to check is with a title search? - Mike

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:24:53 -0800, "BTIZ"
wrote:

I would be very concerned... it appears as if the aircraft may be flying
with an expired / unregistered n-number. Also, if someone put it back
together, they did not re-register or realize it was deregistered.

BT

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm reading the FAA CD for a Tcraft.
I see in '90 that it sustained substantial damage, was deregistered as
'totally distroyed', then sold.
Apparently someone resurrected it, because it was sold several years
later using the same N number and it's currently flying in Florida.
The CD (BTW) doesn't show any of what must have been major major work
performing this resurrection (my only reference is the CD; I haven't
seen the logs yet)

There doesn't seem to be the audit trail I'd like; I see a stream of
ownership, but although there is a document saying 'please deregister
this aircraft' there is nothing saying 'pick me back up'.

Should I be concerned? - Mike