Old October 17th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Hughes

Default Midway museum - San Diego

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:23:56 GMT, in rec.aviation.military Andrew C.
Toppan actoppan@nospam wrote:

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:36:34 GMT, "J.McEachen"
wrote:

Well, I wasn't entirely wrong. I wish you had "corrected" me with facts
instead of merely sending an uninformative broadside.

I did. Fact: The US Navy never convered a battleship to a carrier.

U.S. Navy conversions to aircraft carriers:

1 collier (USS Langley)
2 battlecruisers (Lexington-class fleet carriers)(converted while
building)
9 light cruisers (Independence-class light carriers)(converted while
building)
4 oilers (Sangamon-class escort carriers)
30-odd merchant hulls (USS Long Island, Bogue-class escort carriers,
HMS Archer, Avenger-class and Attacker-class escort carriers)

No battleships...

Another fact: the website you quoted (whatever it is) has borrowed
most of its text from my website.

I found that the Wikipedia entry on Taffy 3 was almost word-for-word
from my site. I pointed it out and the WikiGods killed the article.

--
William Hughes, San Antonio, Texas:
The Carrier Project: