Old August 31st 19, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Hurricane Dorian and impact on Florida Glider operations

As we all look at the weather it is difficult to not see all the attention presented by Dorian, the big monster headed our way. Most of the last two days were spent preparing our club here in Vero Beach for what could be a devastating blow. All gliders were boxed and stored, I moved Eileen's ASW24 to home and also my ASW27 and locked them down in the hangar at home. I am moving the two Pawnee towplanes today, one is coming home here and the other is being located to Jet Center at Vero Airport.
The impact of this storm could very well deal soaring here in Florida a sizable blow. SLG, Tampa, and North Florida could all be in the path of uncertainty. Good luck to all, hunker down!!