Old September 1st 03, 03:09 AM
e f

Michael Mendelsohn wrote in message ...

Btw, if you use a stereoscopic display, you'll see what you usually see
- a worldview with weak depth perception. You're not disadvantaged more
than you usually are. I expect that would go for the "no glasses" LCD
screens as well.

Cheers
mendel

Yeah, but if using these new "no glasses" 3D displays is anything
like watching a 3D movie without glasess, I will pass on them.

I do have some depth perception, but it takes a certain degree of
concentration for me to use it reliably. So most of the time I don't.
I can see things like a Viewmaster after some concentration, but
I've never got a magic eye picture to work. 3D movies are hit or
miss. Sometimes I see 3D, and other times I just see wierd colors or
double images.

One project that looked interesting was using a fresnel lense to
create collumated light on a monitor. Supossedly it makes objects
look like they are farther away (because the eyes don't have to focus
at all), but not in the traditional "3D stereoscopic" method. Of
course, I imagine using a very large monitor and a long viewing
distance would have the same effect.