Old October 5th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default Flightline 760 Radio

On Oct 5, 10:59*am, Tony wrote:
Is anyone out there using these radios? *Thanks to limited archive
searchability all I was able to find was a post a while back from Tim
Mara saying that he had sold about 50 of them. *I'm curious what the
real world power drain is on them from a 12V sealed lead acid battery.
Spec is a bit high at 300 mA for standby. *But they sure are
cheap...any reports?

Tony Condon

We have one in a club glider, installed recently. So far, so good.
The 300 mA spec appears to be accurate -- one of our club members
checked this. Our ship has 12 AH battery now, so no particular
concern for us. I have not flown with it, but pireps are good. I can
vouch for the transmission quality -- I receive it nice & clear.

-Evan Ludeman / T8