Old May 16th 05, 10:07 PM
Robert A. Barker

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
The airport manager asked me yesterday how I planned to
comply with the upcoming "two lock rule" to protect my 65hp
Champ from being stolen by a terrorist and destroying
Washington. I'm usually reasonably up to date on rule
changes, but I've been out of the loop for a while, and this
was a surprise. I'm not even sure if he was referring to a
state rule (NY) or federal.

Can someone give me some info and steer me to a link or copy
of this rule? A Google search only turned up an old NJ
rule, and I saw nothing on AOPA's site.

(By posting this, I'm certain someone will show me how it
was in front of my nose and I couldn't have missed it, but
it seems that I have :-)

Thanks.

"It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and
skill."
Wilbur Wright

I am located at KLWM (Lawrence Mass) and the
airport manager has requested two locks.I have a prop lock and the keyed
mag switch.I am not sure if this is a hard and fast rule or just a request.I
have noticed most
have added prop locks.

Bob Barker N8749S