Old July 5th 05, 06:09 PM
RST Engineering

I really prefer to troubleshoot, but the implication in your posts is that
you aren't "into" technician level electronics. If I've mischaracterized
you, I'll go at it from another route.

First, get yourself a can of tuner/control cleaner (Radio Shack 64-4315).
Do NOT use generic WD-40 or other petroleum based cleaner. You don't want
to leave a greasy residue AND you don't want to cob up the high frequency
characteristics of the connector(s). Mark 12D ... let me recollect ...
there are three or four versions of connector used on the 12D. Most
probably, since you have some sort of Cessna audio panel you have the
12D/Cessna version with the square block "Winchester" style connector.

It doesn't really matter. Use a very small amount of the cleaner on both
the radio connector and the tray connector. While the cleaner is still wet,
insert, pull, reinsert, pull, reinsert the radio half a dozen times.

Report results.

BTW, what model audio panel and model intercom do you have?

Jim

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry... Forgot to respond to other question...

I have:
1) a stand-alone Mark 122 NAV with glideslope (not part of the radio
system)
2) ADF (Inoperable - receives but indicator is off)
3) four place intercom (generic - nothing fancy)
4) standard mode-C transponder (also not part of the radio system)

Pretty basic... Love to throw in a GNS 4 or 5 -30, but that's a
pipe-dream for now... (Single income/two kids :-)

Thanks again!