Old June 30th 03, 09:28 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...

What do you see the WSI In Flight system or XMRadio system as giving
the pilot which is significantly greater than CBAV or WeatherClip on a
wireless Palm?

1. Reliable coverage anywhere in the USA

2. Access to the national lightning network to display accurate lightning
strike data

3. Automatic screen updates and thus much less pilot heads-down time

4. Precip tops radar

5. Color display (easier to distinguish between precip levels)

The bottom line should be a much more pilot-friendly interface which should
give more information to the pilot with more reliability and less
effort/less distraction from other pilot tasks. And I think this should
help to make the most critical weather decision of all: What is just precip
and what is a thunderstorm and how do I plan a route with only precip?

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com