Old October 31st 11, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Oudie and 302

Hi Stephen,

I'm biased since I sell both 302s and Oudies, but I think they make a great
combination. I flew with an Oudie connected to a 302A at a soaring contest
last year and was very happy with the pair. It would have been better to
have the Oudie connected to a 302 so it could receive vario, wind and
airspeed data from the 302. I used the Oudie and ConnectMe software to
download flight logs from the 302A to a microSD memory card. The Oudie can
also send task declarations to the 302 or 302A. I have tested it - it works
great.

The Oudie is supplied with a power/data cable that has an RJ45 connector,
and an RJ45 to DB-9 connector. The RJ45 to DB-9 connector can be configured
to work with the 302. It is a simple and free solution. The Oudie's
power/data cable must be powered with 12V.

Another option is the Oudie-PS5a-1 cable. It can be powered with 5V from
the 302 and also pass 5V power to the Oudie. You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm#Oudie-PS5a-1

I highly recommend connecting the 302 to the Oudie so the 302 can send
vario, wind and airspeed data to the Oudie. If the connect to the 302
fails, or the 302 fails, the Oudie will automatically switch over to using
its internal GPS. That makes for a nice, redundant system.

I've sold over 340 Oudies so far. Obviously there must be many happy
customers that are telling their friends about the Oudie.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Stephen" wrote in message
Anyone using an Oudie with a CA302 ? Any comments on it? How do you
have it hooked up? Are you using the internal GPS or the 302 GPS?
Would you buy one now or wait?
Thanks, S9