Old January 10th 04, 05:45 PM
JJ Sinclair

If memory serves me right, the lower skin is made up of 3 layers of thin cloth
(92110) and has no foam core. Where this thin skin meets the stronger top skin,
a gelgoat crack may develop. I would grind away some gelgoat in the crease area
and see if the glass fibers are broken. If not, you are safe to keep flying it,
its just a cosmetic repair. If the fibers are broken, I would ask Blufton to
repair it. Note, after repairs one must weigh the aileron and then suspend it
on its hinges and check for trailing edge weight to be within specs. Additional
counter balance may be added to the area forward of the hinge line as long as
total aileron weight is not exceeded.
JJ Sinclair