Old July 21st 03, 04:57 PM
Big John

Ron

Talked to my daughter (Roberts wife) and got all the inside stuff on
you (ex president of Chapter 1, beer you drink, girls you chase, etc.,
etc.G) If you don't fly right I'll pass the word on RAH )

Have a good and safe trip to Osh.

Big John

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:28:56 GMT, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:08:32 +0200, "Andre" wrote:
"guynoir" wrote in message
Salem Farm & Garden wrote:
Does anyone have a link for the site that listed the weights of
certified and experimental engines? I can't seem to find it again.

http://www.wanttaja.com/avlinks/index.htm

This is interesting...
I've always accessed the same page via this link...
http://home1.gte.net/ikvamar/avlinks/engines.htm
I wonder what's the story?

Simple enough. While my account is on GTE (Verizon) and my user name is
"ikvamar" (14 quatloos to whomever can identify this reference), I
registered the "wanttaja.com" domain and signed up with an outfit that
offers free forwarding. Hence, going to any "www.wanttaja.com" page
automatically forwards to the equivalent "home1.gte.net/ikvamar" page. It
used to forward to "www.halcon.com/wanttaja" until I changed ISPs a couple
of years back.

This allows all the links to work even when I change ISPs...assuming the
user has bookmarked the "wanttaja.com" address instead of the
"home1.gte.net/ikvamar" one. The forwarding service forces the use of only
a single page title...watch the window title when you access my engines
page via the two links.

It's not the same as having gen-u-wine domain hosting, but it's almost as
good. Doesn't cost me anything but the ordinary domain registration fee.
There's probably a better way, but this has (mostly) worked for about six
years now.

Ron Wanttaja