Old October 18th 05, 12:22 AM
Ron Natalie

Default Should a W&B list gross weight?

Andrew Gideon wrote:

I have found 23.1583, which states that maximum weight and center of gravity
limits are part of the aircraft manual, and 23.1519 which states that
weight and CG limits are a part of operating limitations.

Part 23 has no meaning for my aircraft. As I said, the empty
weight/momemt is in an entirely different document than where the CG
envelope is defined in my plane and many others I have flown.

But what's the documentation requirement for equipment changes which alter
one or more of these factors? 23.21 discusses this for type certification,
but not for upgrades.

Well since the max weight or CG doesn't change (unless you're doing a
major modfication), just the empty weight, the equipment list with a ne
emtpy weight/moment would seem not to need to duplicate that information.