Old January 1st 05, 05:54 PM

Default Chartering a jet for a round-trip "run"

There are a number of us living in the same metropolitan area who go to
the same large college about 400-plus miles away, with no direct
airline service between the cities. There are about 10 of us, give or
take. I am thinking this *might* be a sizable enough group to
potentially charter a jet from a suburban airport to College Town for
short trips home (i.e. Thanksgiving, etc.), thus saving us the headache
of driving and making the trip home a lot quicker.

Since there are potentially kids from the College Town area who also go
to school here, I was thinking of maybe advertising some form of
private charter service back-and-forth, so those kids could have a
direct hop home as well.

Questions:
1.) Is there a general market rate for rental of a smaller,
non-executive private aircraft?
2.) Would it be legal for me to "advertise" (I use the word in the
informal sense) this as a transportation service, without being filed
as an air carrier?
3.) Could this be done for, say, around $150/person each way, or even
less?

Just curious...

--ss