Old December 21st 04, 09:44 PM
Don Parker

Joe C wrote:
connector from the cable coming from the monitor. I don't understand
how that would work, however, since the monitor accepts ANALOG and the
DVI output of the ATI card I thought was digital. I must be missing
something.

You got it right! The adapter not only matches the plugs, but it converts
the digital to analog for your monitor - there is some degradation to the
signal, but for most applications you'll never notice....

BTW, the monitor came yesterday and boy did it come in a BIG box. It
was delievered by 2 UPS guys!

When I took it out of the box, it didn't look too good. The monitor
glass had all kinds of condensation on it after being brought into the
house. The outside temp was about 10 degress yesterday. After warming
up the display and deguassing it, it looked much better.

Just for future reference, let the monitor warm up to room temp BEFORE
turning on. The condensation can cause some fireworks in the high voltage
section (among others if a drop or two gets in between the wrong pins of an
IC) - and your 22" crt probably has in the neighborhood of 30,000 volts just
inching to burn it's own path to ground!!