Old October 24th 13, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default Some gliders safer than others?

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:17:44 AM UTC-4, WB wrote:

I fly an early H-301 Libelle (serial #19). It has a significant safety

feature not seen in many other gliders. The fuselage is so thin that it

allows one see out if the canopy fogs over.

Seriously, Libelles would, in no way, be construed as having a "safety

cockpit", however, there have been relatively few fatalities in

Libelles. I think their slightly wobbly, unstable feel encourages pilots

to pay attention to their flying.

An extra helping of humor, on toasted wry. I'm going to chuckle about that all afternoon.

T8