Old April 4th 04, 04:18 AM
Ken Pisichko

YUP! But remember that the Canadian border control system works too. Our laws are
different that USA border control laws, but we do keep terrorists out - convicted
ones that is. We also adhere to the premise that folks are innocent until proven
quilty - except for thoe where there is suspicion. This past week there was a SWAT
team raid on a home in our national capital region (Ottawa) and a Canadian citizen
was arrested and is held in detention with charges against him. Something to do
with those arrested in the UK on terrorism and bomb making charges.

No border is immune, but to think that Canada is a pipeline for terrorist entry
into the USA is baloney.! Besides, the US border control types are pretty
vigilant too, and I have thanked them for the questioning of me and my family when
we enter the USA.

The problem, as I see it, is if someone comes in with several counterfeit
passports..... and then enters the USA from Canada with a Canadian passport. No
fingerprinting would flag the person entering the USA as a terrorist - unless the
fingerprints were in some USA accessable data base.

The USA requirement for my fingerprints will not be of any value to the licensing
agency requiring them because I have absolutely NO history in the USA. I do in
Canada, but my history is clean - it is there in the database, but clean. The US
agency does NOT access the Canadian CPIC system or any other Canadian data base -
so what is the point of their exercise?

Hence, I wonder what is the point of the USA fingerprinting aliens entering the
USA? Perhaps it is to salve some troubled intellect(s).

Ken
Winnipeg, Canada

Phil Richards wrote:

So presumably the easiest way to get in to the US without these stupid
fingerprint and photograph checks is to say fly in to Canada and cross
over the border by road....