Old November 22nd 19, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Gliding risk....

On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 7:44:45 PM UTC-8, Clemens Ceipek wrote:
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 6:49:22 PM UTC-6, wrote:
For those who haven’t seen it....

https://chessintheair.com/the-risk-o...-what-we-love/

In the three weeks since I completed the analysis that started this conversation, I have reviewed and interpreted over 250 glider accidents to try to find out why accidents really happen, how many of them are avoidable, and what each of us can to to prevent them. I've certainly learned some important lessons for my own flying in the process. I hope some of you will find it useful as well. Please read it with an open mind. Here's the link:

https://chessintheair.com/does-soari...-so-dangerous/

Kudos for doing the best glider accident analysis that I have ever seen - and that includes the efforts by the Soaring Safety Foundation. Looking critically at the causes of accidents is vital to improving our safety record. I, personally, have been vilified here when I bring up safety issues. This reveals a mentality that is antagonistic, or at least ambivalent, towards safety issues.

Tom