Old August 31st 03, 04:06 AM
e f

Michael Mendelsohn wrote in message ...
Some video drivers (e.g. nVidia's) come with support for LCD
shutterglasses built-in that works with pretty much any directX game to
give you a stereoscopic (= full-depth ) image. If you've never tried it,
you'll be surprised at how much better most of your 3D games look!

IMO, the problem is, as long as the market share of these
technologically simple things is low, there won't be a push toward
affordable VR headgear either.

For lots more information on stereoscopic viewing including HMDs
(Head-Mounted Displays), visit http://www.stereo3d.com .

-mendel

And then, you have folks like me who have very poor or nonexistant
stereoscopic vision. I just hope when they make these new "no glasess
3D screens", it doesn't ruin it for those of us who don't see depth
well.

Some of those shutter glasess also make text hard to read, I have
heard.

I think I'd settle for a 21-22 inch OLED monitor I could tape to my
wall in front of my desk. Slap on a pair of headphones, maybe get a
rumble transducer for the desk or chair, and that would be virtual
reality enough for me. Oh, and please make the game fun, too. No
Tresspasser, please.