Old August 31st 03, 11:10 AM
Michael Mendelsohn

e f schrieb:
Michael Mendelsohn wrote in message ...
For lots more information on stereoscopic viewing including HMDs
(Head-Mounted Displays), visit http://www.stereo3d.com .

And then, you have folks like me who have very poor or nonexistant
stereoscopic vision.

On the computer, you can do more to tweak the stereo properties of the
game world than you with the real world.

Some of those shutter glasess also make text hard to read, I have
heard.

That seems implausible to me, as shutterglasses use the full resolution
of your monitor and I've NEVER had problems with text. If you have
problems with ghosting, you could probably adjust the driver so that the
text plane coincides with the monitor pane, i.e. the left eye view and
the right eye view project the text onto the same spot on the screen.
(You could read it even without shutterglasses then).

On the other hand, most consumer VR headgear uses something close to VGA
resolution, and that of course could mean that text is hard to read.

You cannot use LCD displays with shutterglasses because they can't
switch the picture fast enough.

-mendel