Old July 25th 11, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott[_7_]

Default First hand experience with GPS Jamming

On 7-24-2011 20:33, Free Flight 107 wrote:

I once lost a $500 model airplane to a trucker's 1KW CB rig when I
flew over him. In general they are unaware of the problems they create
with their Creative Fixes!

Are you sure he was an illegal CBer running a KW or could he have been a
ham, legally running a KW? There are many truck drivers who are ham
radio operators. I drive a lot in my job, but generally run no more
that 150W while mobile...on frequencies from 1.8 MHz to 432 MHz. I have
gear for higher bands, but don't run them while mobile.