Old September 20th 20, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kevin anderson

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Love my DG 400. I have had to do a little work but able to get parts so far. No motor breakdown work.

On the gear, there is a service bulletin that covers a number of the DG models. It was done to my glider and makes the mechanism more robust with a positive catch and spring on the handle. Also changing the gas spring on the gear is important if not done in years.

Vibration, I have had the prop balanced by Russel Brown at Seminole when flying at the Seniors. Took about an hour using a Dynavibe. Put small washers in different locations around the prop hub where it bolts together. Very significant vibration reduction, pitch of prop changed, and even got a couple hundred RPM on static run.

Great bird for the money.

Kevin
92