Old February 28th 05, 12:51 AM
C J Campbell

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
news
This manual answers several FAQ that have come up that even some

instructors
have no definitive answer for. Examples of things contained in this

pamphlet

How to navigate directly from one radio fix to another without using GPS
(you can solve it in seconds on your E6-B).

How to read a map.

Re-computing heading and distance using dead reckoning.

There are INSTRUCTORS who don't know those things? Incredible!

Be careful about jumping to conclusions. There are all kinds of people who
were taught improperly or who have forgotten what they were taught perhaps
years ago. I never take it for granted or assume that anything was included
in any particular syllabus.

This reference I thought was particularly well written, an aid to those who
want another resource to teach their students, and something that had all
this material on navigation in one place. On the other hand, I suppose I
could adopt your attitude and simply sneer at the world for being so
ignorant, and refuse to share knowledge with it. I don't think I will,
though. I have to teach something. I can't help it. Been that way as long as
I can remember.