Old May 26th 04, 05:18 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Vaughn" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
Robey Price wrote:

One sarin round after 12 months, that's hardly impressive Ed.

One sarin round, of a type that Iraq never had, according to the
inspectors.

What inspectors?

The UN inspectors.

I don't really think we know much about that round.

....and that's the point. According to the agreements that Iraq was
supposed to adhere to, all of their CW munitions were supposed to be on
record. This type wasn't.

If they found this one, that means there were a *lot* more that were
never even supposed to exist.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

But the smart money says "yes." You don't build *one* binary artillery
round and bury it in the desert.

Or perhaps it was not even Iraqi and it came across those famously
porous borders sometime in the last 12 months or so.

Possibly, but certainly not probably. It's funny how people will give
Iraq every benefit of the doubt when it comes to this sort of thing, but
will expect the highest standard of proof from the US as to what day of
the week it is.

I don't really believe that;

Nobody does. It's a very silly "what if?"

but my point is, we just don't know, so therefore only a fool would
try to draw a conclusion from the meager information at hand.

No, a smart person would look at what's been presented, use a little
common sense, and realize that this round (like all of the other bits
and pieces we've been finding) shows, once again, they had stuff the UN
didn't know about.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.