Old May 27th 04, 12:44 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
(WalterM140) wrote:

From: "Leslie Swartz"

Zinni strongly supported the Clinton line (he helped develop it), and
continues to refuse to admit the line was wrong.

Why wrong? I don't think the Clinton "line" produced 5,000 battle
casualties.

We've been in Iraq for 14 months. To whom are we giving control of the
country
on 6/30/04?

No one knows.

I don't need a 4 star general to tell me that this is a disaster.

On the other hand, the folks who are telling us things like "this is a
disaster" are cut from the same cloth as the people who were telling us
that there would be upwards of a half-*million* dead during the conflict
and in the months afterwards, with the "smart money" coming in at over a
hundred thousand (the low estimate by most antiwar folks was 20,000 or
so dead, but that was the extreme lowball by the more optimistic folks),
with a half-million or more refugees flooding the neighboring countries.

UNHCR said there would be *900,000* refugees from the war, that all
health, food, and water distribution would be effectively shut down for
a long time, creating a huge humanitarian catastrophe with upwards of a
half-million direct physical casualties. Epidemics and pandemics of
cholera and dysentery were supposed to happen. Three million people
were supposed to be in need of "therapeutic" feedings due to food
shortages.

How about this little bit of prognostication?

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...nsequences/200
3/0214grimpict.htm

Note the complete lack of these events coming to pass...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.