Old April 16th 04, 07:03 PM
xyzzy

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"TTA Cherokee Driver" wrote in message

Sounds to me like pilots are a lot like farmers, sqawking for the gumbit
to cut their taxes and stay out of their "self-reliant" way, while
refusing to acknowledge (even to themselves) the massive government
spending, protection, and subsidies that make their activity
economically feasible.

What is this massive government spending, protection, and subsidy that makes
flying economically feasible and what is the source?

Who pays to build and maintain all those airports we fly out of?
Who pays to build and maintain all the navaids we depend on?
Who pays for all those air traffic controllers that are available for us
24/7?

etc. etc.

If you honestly think the user fees you pay in taxes on your 100LL cover
the cost of your use of this stuff, you are seriously fooling yourself.