Old February 19th 19, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Electric Brakes On Komet Trailer

wrote on 2/18/2019 1:08 PM:
I should add that I came back from TSA to the East Coast this summer with the brakes disconnected on my Cobra because they jammed full on during a hard stop. I didn't notice much difference pulling it without the brakes with my full-size Chevy van. I've done the same thing in the past for the same reason. It's better than trashing a set of brake shoes, burning out the bearings, and cracking a drum/hub (trust me....).

Chip Bearden

I tow my 2500lb Cobra with a 13,500 lb motorhome, so trailer braking isn't much
value. I do like the parking brake when manhandling it around on a sloped ramp,
driveway, etc. Is there anyway to easily disable the braking function for towing,
then restore it quickly when it's time to remove the trailer from the hitch?