Old January 11th 20, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Too many GPS puck antennas

wrote on 1/11/2020 6:07 AM:
On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 9:22:22 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
I just started pimping out my ASW20. I am putting in a LXNAV S100, FLARM and an ADS-B Trig transponder. Thant’s three puck antennas and I haven’t even figured out where to put the FLARM antennas yet! Does anyone have a good solution?

Too many puck GPS antennas too close together will lead to interference and poor function.
I remember reading somewhere that these puck antennas must be 30 inches apart to help reduce the possibility of such interference.

I'm sure the recommendation is much less than 30". Practically speaking, I've 3
antennas in a triangle with 10" sides for 5 years, no apparent problems. Counting
the iPhone mounted near the panel, it's really 4 antennas. My experience is the
norm, I think.