Old August 6th 03, 07:26 AM
Bela P. Havasreti

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:56:01 -0400, "Morgans" post/the/group.here.net
wrote:

"Paul Hirose" wrote in message
The paper in Casper, Wyoming has a story on the crash. Pilot James
Wright was killed. It sounds he mentioned mechanical problems during
his refueling stop in Gillette.

http://www.trib.com/AP/wire_detail.php?wire_num=113724

Smithsonian Air & Space page on the H-1 replica:

http://www.airandspacemagazine.com/A...AM03/h1rr.html

--

Paul Hirose

Such a typical news report, completely missing the understanding of aircraft
operation. Why don't they just ask someone?

They never ask anyone while covering other (non-aviation) news
events.... why start with aviation-related news events?

The thought I always have, is if they screw up the news with aviation-
related events as often as they do (gut feel is we're talking like 99%
of the time), how accurate are the rest of the news events they report
on?

Bela P. Havasreti