Old July 24th 03, 03:38 AM
Michael P. McCullough

This may also apply to aircraft operated witha HUD or the new EVS system
installed on Gulfstreams. Some Part 91 operators of transport category jets
(business jets) have been granted CAT II minimums on CAT I approaches after
receiving approval and VERY specific training.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

"Giwi" wrote in message

m...
I've heard that some pilots have the authority to descend to CAT II
minimums (RA100) on CAT I intstrument approaches. If this is true,
then how is the CAT I approach altered?

Not that I am aware of. What I am aware of is there is a procedure to
for pilots and the aircraft to get approved for CAT II approaches with
exemptions for some of the requirements (radar alt etc...). Requires
a check ride and is good only for the pilot/aircraft it's demonstrated in.