Old January 13th 11, 11:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_2_]

Default China's stealth jet -J-20

On 01/12/2011 07:01 PM, Malcolm wrote:
In , Andrew Swallow
writes
On 11/01/2011 18:53, Dan wrote:
{snip}

Let them steal a chip design with a built in flaw such that it can be
remotely commanded to cause major system failure. Essentially one could
get the Red Chinese to construct an airplane with a built in bomb.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

The danger with that one is that our own aeroplanes have the save flaw.

Andrew Swallow

Not necessarily. Remember Concorde and Concordski? There were strong
rumours that the Russians had agents who acquired plans/details for
Concorde. The two aircraft were certainly fairly similar. The UK
and/or French got wind of it and fed in some duff data. Hence the crash
and demise of Concordski.

Not sure how true it is BUT I live about a mile from Filton and in an
area where there were a lot of people who worked on the project. When
new neighbours moved in next door about ten years ago they started
stripping wallpaper and found a thin wire similar to a radio aerial
running round the picture rail of a back bedroom........... One of the
previous owners was an aircraft engineer.

There were a host of stories about Eastern European/Russian spying in
the late 'seventies/early 'eighties.

The one I remember best was the one about the house inhabited by Russian
construction workers that overlooked the Baldock DTI (Now Ofcom) radio
station and where they are supposed to have found a ton of clever
equipment when the occupiers decamped one dark night.

As the site has no intelligence function it seems a strange target when
RAF Chicksands and the 'elephant cage' was just up the road...

Oh, no proof of anything was ever published...

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.