Old January 30th 15, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

Default video - pilot runs out of fuel, pops parachute

george152 wrote in
news
Bloody hell.

You can say that again. Yeah... got a redundancy theme going
on here.

I followed the link to the archived page and read the rest.
The story indicated that the G1000 was freaking out due to the
fuel level going too high?!?! That's a SERIOUS programming
error. Geez. How'd it ever get flight certified?

I'm only a hobbyist self taught programmer (since 1983), and I
like reading about how the most innocuous programming mistakes
can lead to utter catastrophe. I learn from it, and it reminds
me to be very very thorough when I write my software.

Anyway, I hope Garmin fixed that one.

Brian
--
http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/index.php - Earth Sciences discussion