Old February 1st 19, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Surfing and Soaring?

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 3:26:39 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
Does anyone who's done both seriously care to contrast the two?

I've only read autobiographies of ocean wave surfers, but there seem to be some points of contact in terms of motivation, the experience, the quest, the immersion, the risk taking, the weather, the places, the compulsion, the high...

1,400 hours in gliders but the closest I've come to surfing is some body boarding in Hawaii when I was a teenager so I don't know how accurate any parallels I can make would be:-)

I can tell you that "The Endless Summer" and "The Sun Ship Game" make a great double feature though.