Old August 9th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Oudie - ConnectMe question

On Aug 9, 5:59*am, " wrote:
Thanks for the replies, understand the product bettter now. *Any
thoughts of doing a product in the future that includes a secure
logger?

From my very short time playing with it, it seems like there were just
two options presented after bootup, running SeeYou or ConnectMe. *Is
the user prevented from accessing WIndows, or is there a way to get
into it? *The owner of course was just hoping to leave the unit at the
airport, and not bring a laptop along to get the log. *Does SeeYou
Mobile let you configure to store the flight in a SD card, or is it
hardwired for the location in internal memory? *Forgive the basic
questions, I don't use PDA's myself and haven't used SeeYou Mobile.

Regards
Dave

[snip]

Play around in SeeYou Mobile settings, it will let you specify the log
file location.

For technical users the startup can be overridden but given the
questions being asked here I'd discourage you from doing that. Like
Andrej said they really seem to be making this device as simple to use
as possible. Once you open up Windows Exlporer on these devices there
is a whole world of things that get complicated and increase support
problems. Trying to get the log directly onto the SD card is likely a
better route for this user.

Taking the PNA home is probably a good idea, especially to keep the
device docked and battery charged and databases all updated.

The Oudie uses OEM PNA hardware and is therefore unlikely to ever be
an IGC approved flight recorder since it lacks the internal pressure
transducer and anti-tamper hardware. It make smore sense to seek
approval for the Oudie as a COTS GPS receiver aka position recorder
similar to the FlyWithCE position recorder. That will require NAC
(i.e. country level) approval.

Darryl