Old March 3rd 04, 09:31 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message

Agreed. I wasn't putting this forward as something that is likely to

happen,
just what might happen if the Raptor program was terminated.

Yeah, I figured as much, which is why I pointed out the big conditional

"if"
in your post; not sure Scott caught that.

Yeah I got it. I think I was overwhelmed by the spots in front of my
eyes and the onset of tunnel vision at the thought of "cancelled
F-22".

Even if the USAF gets the 160 F-22s, the F-35 will have to pull much of the
F-15's current duty. It is not as though the F-35 with a high level of
capability is optional.

snip of completely unqualified opinion