Old November 4th 03, 06:10 PM
Tex Houston

"Gregg Germain" wrote in message
Hi all,

This is a question for anyone who has the answer and cares to respond
- though I suspect Art Kramer can answer it instantly:

I'm interested in the official "model number" ofr a particular kind of
cap worn by aircrew during WWII.

it is leather, fleece lined, looks something like a baseball cap.

Was it a "B-2"? If not, what was the nomenclature?

thanks

--- Gregg
"Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Phone: (617) 496-1558

The book "USAAF Handbook 1939-1945 has a photo of two waist gunners wearing
what you describe and the caption calls it a B-2 'Gunner's Cap' but the
absolutly best place to ask is
http://www.armyairforces.com/forums/gforum.cgi and join the Forum "The Gear"
where WWII (in many cases) veterans and historians will give you a
definative word or two.

Tex Houston