Old March 22nd 05, 04:34 PM
Blanche

In article ,
Jimbob wrote:
Thanks for the input all.

I think after weighing all the factors, the Cherokee line is the most
logical choice. I think it fits all my requirements for range, speed,
wing location and economy. The only thing is the door. And that's
really only cosmetic and conveinence. Thus, it should be bottom of my
list.

Jim:

My cherokee has one installed door and a second emergency door. You
should see what a 3 D cell steel flashlight does to the pilot's
window....Instant Door! Plus you have the advantage of a great
emergency landing light.

The other advantage of the low-wing (and please, let's not get into
the religious discussion again...) is that you can see the runway
at all times in the pattern. But remember that someone in a high-wing
may be below you, so you'll both be invisible to each other.