Old April 6th 12, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
YourNameHere

Default Schempp-Hirth 2a/2b cockpit fit vs ASW-20?

Discus 2A that I own:
I am 220# and 5'11" at present. Shorter legs and and longer upper torso
by normal standards.
I flew a Discus A quite some time ago and didn't like it too snug and I
couldn't reach the panel.
The 2A is somewhat different. Tilt-up panel, so it sits closer to you
and is reachable at least for me. 2A has more hip room and in not snug
in this area for me. Canopy rail dimension is the same as the original
A model. This area is snug for me, but I really don't notice it in the
air. Fit as far as length is not an issue as the rudder peddles will
push out further than I can reach.