Old November 22nd 16, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default Santa Barbara Soaring Thanksgiving Dinner

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 5:43:09 PM UTC-8, JJJ wrote:
Santa Barbara Soaring;933109 Wrote:
GREETINGS!!!!

Santa Barbara Soaring is pleased to announce their celebration of three
years in operation, and an invitation to the public to come fly with us
at the Santa Ynez Airport over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

\

Will there be anything particularly interesting for a newish pre-solo
student to do there?

--
JJJ

You can certainly schedule some training time at a new site, with a different instructor, in our venerable and non-threatening 2-33. It is a chance to soar over the Pacific, not available in too many places, and take some great scenic photos. Watch all sorts of cute GA planes come and go.

Send me direct email to schedule training time.

Oh - and you can meet some nice soaring folks, ogle the pretty privately owned gliders, take a pal/friend off to a winery in the valley, shop for Christmas chatcsky in Solvang, take home a Big Box of tasty pastry.... bring a bicycle and investigate the countryside.

But nah, not much to do here.
This has got to be one of the most scenic glider locations around the country. IT is beginning to green up with our fall flush of growth, with the last two weeks of blessed rainfall.

I hope we can make you welcome.

Cindy Brickner
CFI-G for SBS